Saturday, December 30, 2017

Bridal Shower Shaker Card

 A sweet niece is getting married soon so I wanted to make her a special bridal shower card.  My inspiration started from a Kaiser Craft paper pad that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I love the sheets of lavender floral printed paper. I thought a shaker card that rained down Martha Stewart heart confetti and sparkly Queen and Co. diamonds would be the perfect interactive effect.  I added paper doilies, color coordinating flowers, and Martha Stewart parchment sticker butterflies to give the card a very feminine look. The sentiment was cut out from a sheet in the Kaiser Craft paper pad which contains lots of useful color-coordinated words.
 On the inside of the card I adhered a scalloped gift card holder made with the Lawn Fawn die available now at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  To make the all black Coach gift card less severe, I added two strips of Little B wedding washi tape.  I plan to add the same washi tape to the envelope to coordinate everything together.  Happily, this card was easy to create and turned out pretty close to the vision I had when I thought of the bride-to-be. Hope this non-holiday project is of interest to you....please leave a comment if you can spare the time. I enjoy hearing from you!

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

That is a beautiful shaker card, Lynn! I love all the elements you used, very elegant. All the best to you and yours in 2018. Happy New Year!