Monday, April 3, 2017

Druzy Quartz, Crystal, and Pearl Necklace


 I wanted to make a very special gift for a very special bride-to-be....my son is marrying her!  Many of the gemstones for this necklace were purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. By wire wrapping the beads with 24 gauge sterling silver wire and adding sterling silver curb chain plus a heart toggle clasp, I was able to complete this 24" necklace in a few hours.  I got the idea for this piece from two necklaces by two different jewelry artists whose work I admire.  By keeping the color palette neutral, I feel that it can be worn with many outfits without making TOO much of a statement. I hope that this post has given you some inspiration to make jewelry that can be simple and yet compliment worthy. Give it a try!

No comments: