Monday, March 6, 2017

Resin Charm Cards

Here is what I did with two of the resin charms I showed you on my last post. I first embossed the white washi paper (with gold and silver speckles) using a Darice cherry blossom folder (purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  I used double stick tape (Heiko/Merikan) to attach the embossed strip to the printed washi paper. Using a 1/8" hole punch I made an opening through both sheets. The chain or cord was inserted through the hole and the chain/cord was taped and secured behind the washi papers. Double stick tape was used again to fasten everything to the card base made from Paper Accents 8-1/2 x 11 pink muslin card stock (from BFC).
 Finally, I added the stamped sentiments which were made using a Mari and Me thank you character stamp or Dandelion Design sweet Girl's Day stamp. The other two stamps in the photo below were used inside the cards. In following posts I will feature other resin items and projects. Please return again to see them. Happy belated Girl's Day!
P.S. Don't forget to tell the card recipient that the charm can be removed to use on a bag or keychain.

No comments: