Friday, March 10, 2017

Resin Butterfly Charm Tags

 These tags were embellished with the butterfly resin charms that I showed in a previous blog post. By attaching them to a Little B die cut tag the ball chain can be also used to clip onto a gift bag.  I started by lining up the folded edge of a color coordinated card stock with the top of the die so that when run through a Big Shot machine the folded edge won't be cut.  This will allow the tag to serve as a card and a message can be written inside on the smooth surface.  I used a yellow and white sheet so that when the impressed design (made with Darice embossing folder) was sanded the yellow color showed up. To give the tags more interest I added a die cut (X-cut) butterfly or flower.  These dies purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts have pop-up parts that add some dimension.  The 'thanks'(Taylored Expressions) were cut from gold foil paper. The resin butterflies made with the L'Bell resin were filled with real dried flowers or iridescent foil. (see previous post for a close up. I hope this post has given you some new creative ideas. Please leave a comment if you have time..I enjoy your encouragement.

1 comment:

yyam said...

Love the idea of a tag/card. I usually just go with a big tag...lol These are super sweet. :)