Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Out To Lunch Birthday Card

 I know lots of over the hill folks for whom this card would be suitable (including loopy old me...LOL!).  I really like the vintage image and inside sentiment from Viva Las Vegas Stamps. I paired them with a DCWV glitter birthday card stock, buttons (real and paper) and a ribboned die cut (Spellbinders) paper label. Unfortunately the shimmer of the paper, embossed words and buttons made getting a good photo nearly impossible.
 Here is another color version of the same card.  I was planning to border the image with buttons but that was too visually heavy so I opted for a few and drew in some stitches instead.  The new button Xcut die was purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts and makes it fun to add lots of buttons without the weight.  I had some cute real buttons that added some texture and interest.
 I wonder if the recipients of these cards will get the humor of being 'out to lunch'? These days everyone seems to be and some even take their dogs with them.....hahahaha!

No comments: