Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Xmas Flip Around Gift Card Holder

 These days I mostly give gift cards ( for Ben Franklin Crafts, of course) for Xmas gifts.  I think I have an odd taste in gifts so I hesitate to trust my shopping skills.  Anyway, when I saw the Sizzix die set I was excited for the possibility of using it for all occasions.  It was so simple to cut out the printed card stock (love that Doodle Bug Designs 6x6 paper pad) and assemble the card with double stick tape.

 To disguise the gift card and make it match the flip card, I covered it with Doodlebug printed Xmas washi tape....lots to choose from at BFC.  The Little B dies were used to cut the foil paper (DCWV) words which were glued to the washi covered gift card.
Here is the back of the card. Little sprigs of artificial holly were glued to the tabs that hold the gift card onto the Xmas card.
This view of the flip side of the gift card shows the tab cut outs that secure the gift card in place.
I feel this Sizzix die set is one I will employ many times over the years because it is so basic and useful.  Included in this set are lots of word and floral dies that I did not use for this card.  If you have a crafty friend, this might make a great Xmas gift. Happy Xmas Crafting and Shopping!

1 comment:

Cami said...

Oh this is such a lovely gift card holder card! Love the festive papers here. Happy Holidays to you, Lynn!