Saturday, October 22, 2016

Easy Thanksgiving Napkin Rings and Placecards


                               front                                          back

I usually don't start Thanksgiving decorations until the end of October, but this year I decided to get a jump on the holidays....let's see how long that lasts....LOL! I saw a package of cute felt turkey stickers and one of loose autumn leaves at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I thought that glued together they would make excellent napkin rings (even if you don't use cloth napkins). I pulled the backing off the turkey sticker and glued the leaves in a circle using 3 in 1 Beacon glue.  To lessen the stickiness of the finished ring. I dusted the back with cornstarch.


Here is the Pilgrim-style place card that I made for my Thanksgiving table.  I used gray gauze paper from a 6x6 DCWV paper pack and added a 'turkey' feather....both items were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The rest of the place card was simply a matter of straight cuts of black & white card stock and adhesion with double stick Heiko tape.
                                      


Even though these are two really simple projects, I think they will really add to the festivities of your Thanksgiving dinner.  If you are attending a dinner at someone else's house, ask the hostess if she would like you to make table decorations. A more casual hostess will probably be thrilled to have your help.  Gobble, gobble.....Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

yyam said...

That turkey is just sooooo cute! Good on you for getting ahead on holiday decorations!

Shirley N said...

Cute turkeys! I know my grandsons would love them for sure.

eunice said...

Wow, Lynn! I'm so impressed with your fancy Thanksgiving table decorations...and even more impressed that you're already working on Thanksgiving stuff! I'm certain that your holiday guests will be amazed how festive your table looks. Your turkey napkin rings are so adorable...and the place cards will really add a touch of class to your table setting. BTW, that gauze paper looks so cool! I've never seen anything like it before but I love the texture it adds to your cards...will have to hunt that paper down for sure!