Friday, September 16, 2016

Honey Bear Card

My husband and I are supporters of the Alan Wong and UHH Adopt a Beehive program.  For a donation we have our names on a beehive on the UHH agriculture grounds, receive honey from our hive and give scholarship money to agriculture student.  It is a worthwhile program and you should check it out.  Because of my interest in honey and bees, I have slowly been collecting honeycomb and bee craft supplies.  The card  base for this project is surprisingly a Studio G card from a $1.50 set I purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts because it had an embossed honeycomb pattern. I added a die cut hexagon which was stamped with a Great Impressions honey bear design and colored with Copic pens. On the yellow panel I used the Tim Holtz stencil and a Big Shot machine to impress a honeycomb design.  I cut another sized hexagon to make the opening for the stamped bees (Anita's).
Oops!  I for got to photograph the die I used to cut the lacey hexagon piece I used for the inside of the card. The Lawn Fawn stamp set provided the cute bee image and 'bee happy' sentiment.
Here is a view of how I used 1" wide strips scored at 1/4" intervals lengthwise to make accordion folds to glue between the front and back of the 'honeycomb'.
I am very pleased with the outcome of this card because it was easy and incorporated many of my bee themed craft items.  Thank you for stopping by and please return again to see how I used the 'leftovers' from this card to make a mini card and some tags.

1 comment:

Shirley N said...

Love how you made your honeycomb and your bear is adorable. Thanks for sharing about the Adopt a Beehive Program, I will definitely look into it as it is certainly an important and worthwhile program to support.